Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh, Thoreau

I think that if I actually saw this play, it would make a lot more sense. But I didn't. So, I have a long list of questions, but for the sake of my attention span, I've narrowed it down to two.
1. Is Henry an insomniac, and just remembering all these things, or is he asleep and half remembering, half dreaming? If he was dreaming, I might think he's a little less crazy, if not, I don't really care. He probably transcends my opinion.
2. Why Huckleberries? I realize they are incredibly tasty, one of my personal favorites. But why does Henry care about them so much? I realize there's probably some deep symbolism in there, and I've never much appreciated symbolism so maybe you guys can help me out.

1 comment:

  1. I think Huckleberrying means to go do your own thing, ya' know? It means to do something out of the ordinary.

    ReplyDelete